Catholic Committee on Scouting, BSA - Members
- Chairman: TBA
- Chaplain: Fr. William Dotson 636-332-9225
- Unit Awards: Terry Madden firstname.lastname@example.org 314-229-5489
- Adult Awards: Ed Bradley EBradley@ameren.com 314-554-3177
- Director of OYM: Tom Lancia 314-792-7618
Please take the time to fill out this survey with biographical and scouting information. Thank you!
See attachments at the bottom of the page.
CCS Member Listings
Please take a moment to login to the Office of Catholic Scouting website, then click on the 'My Account' page to check your address and scouting information. You can view CCS Member Listings by clicking on the 'CCS Member Listing' link in the left sidebar.
Need help logging in? Click here for help!
Catholic Committee- Meeting Dates
|August 27, 2014||7:30 p.m.||Cardinal Rigali Center|
|October 22, 2014||7:30 p.m.||Cardinal Rigali Center|
|January 21, 2015||7:30 p.m.||Cardinal Rigali Center|
|March 25, 2015||7:30 p.m.||Cardinal Rigali Center|
|August 26, 2015||7:30 p.m.||Cardinal Rigali Center|
Other Important Dates
10/22/2014 Adult CCSBSA Recognition Review Meeting 6:00pm 2nd Floor, Sacred Heart Conference Room
1/14/2015 Unit Award Review 6:00pm – 2nd Floor, Sacred Heart Conference Room-Unit Award Review Committee meets to review applications. Units will be notified within one to two weeks after the review date regarding their application status.
1/6/2015 Adult Award Review 6:00pm – 2nd Floor, Sacred Heart Conference Room-Adult Award Review Committee meets to review adult award applications.
1/24/2015 Scout Sunday Prep Meeting 9:00am – 11:00am – Museum and Kenrick Room-CCS Members needed to help finalize details for Scout Sunday.
3/2/2015 Trail Blazer Nominations Due – OCS-This award is for Catholic Committee members.
4/26/2015 CCSBSA Annual Recognition Dinner Auction and Mass Mass at 5pm in the St. Vincent de Paul Chapel followed by dinner in the Fleur de Lis Room at the Cardinal Rigali Center. All members, supporters, and friends of OCS welcome!
Committee To-Do List
- Tell your units to Visit the Office of Catholic Scouting (OCS) website www.catholicscoutingstl.org for all the updated information on local, national awards, programs and much more!
- Have your units email or call the OCS with service projects, resources, news and related information that can be posted to the website!
- Have your units turn in their Archdiocesan Unit Awards by December 5.
- Make sure to tell them about the revised application forms.
- Tell your Catholic Scouting friends to sign up for the eBridge and NCCS Information Board.
- Send your news stories to the eBridge editor for next month issue.
- Have your units turn in their Pope Paul VI Quality Catholic Unit Awards December 5.
- See the complete "To-Do list" broken down by area of responsibility on the NCCS.
About the CCSBSA
The Catholic Committee on Scouting, BSA was formed in the 1950's to oversee the development of a spiritual presence in the activities of the Boy Scout programs.
The St. Louis Archdiocese, through its parishes and schools, is the largest single sponsor of Scouts in the St. Louis area.
The following are 2010 statistics on Catholic Scouts in the St. Louis Archdiocese:
- There are 3,172 Catholic Cub Scouts, representing 20 percent of all Cub Scouts in the Greater St. Louis Area Council on Boy Scouts;
- There are 2,224 Catholic Boy Scouts, representing 24 percent of all Boy Scouts in the council;
- There are 408 Catholic Venture Crew members, representing 16 percent of all Ventureres in the council;
- There are 4,389 Catholic leaders and volunteers, representing 33 percent of all leaders and volunteers in the council;
- There are 208 Catholic-sponsored units, representing 18 percent of all units in the council.
We are always looking for new members with fresh ideas, so if you are interested in joining the committee simply click on the links below, complete the attached membership application and interest survey and return it to the Office of Catholic Scouting.
In addition to the membership application and interest survey, the following Archdiocesan requirements should be fulfilled:
- All Scout leaders/volunteers/Committee members must have completed and have records on file at your Parish regarding the Archdiocese's Protecting God's Children program as well as having a Missouri Background check, done every 2 years OR Worker Registration Form, one time only if you provide a copy of your social security card and drivers license along with the form.
- In addition you must have read, signed and returned to your parish the Code of Ethical Conduct.
- These are Archdiocesan requirements, that the Catholic Youth Apostolate fully supports.
- The Catholic Youth Apostolate ask that each Committee member reads the volunteer letter and completes the Leadership Survey so that we know that you are in compliance with the requirements of the Archdiocese.
Trail Blazer Award
This award was established to make possible the recognition of members of the Catholic Committee on Scouting, BSA who have provided outstanding services to the basic objectives of the committee.
The award is made for noteworthy service by a member of the committee registered with the Boy Scouts of America, in furthering the aims of Scouting and spiritual development of youth through activities in the Catholic Committee on Scouting.
Any member of the Catholic Committee may make nominations for the Trail Blazer Award by contacting the CCS Chairman and/or Director of Catholic Scouting. Deadline for nominations is March 2nd. For more information please see attachments below.
- Click here to view a listing of minutes from past CCS meetings.
- Click here to find out how to post minutes to the website.
|CCSBSA Commitee Application||88 KB|
|Volunteer Bio Survey.pdf||166.59 KB|
|TRAIL BLAZER AWARD requirements.doc||1.87 MB|
|Trail Blazer Brochure.pdf||142.77 KB|
|Inside Trailblazer Brochure.pdf||60.34 KB|
|2013 Saint George Society Application.pdf||93.04 KB|
|CCSBSA Calendar Brochure.pdf||127.21 KB|
|CCSBSA Award Comparison.pdf||132.37 KB|